The Government of Canada launched a call for proposals on an ongoing basis under the Sustainable Development Goals Funding Program for 2019-2020 to support and leverage the work of stakeholders furthering Canada’s implementation of the 2030 Agenda. Organizations interested in receiving up to $100,000 in grant funding for one-year projects aimed at building awareness, increasing partnerships and networks, and advancing research, are encouraged to apply.
The government is seeking to fund projects that are up to 12 months in duration, and that implement innovative approaches or complement and augment existing activities, in order to achieve two or more of the following objectives in support of the 2030 Agenda:
- Enhance multi-stakeholder efforts by promoting partnerships and bridging efforts across sectors;
- Raise awareness and support for the SDGs;
- Ensure that Canada’s progress on this global effort leaves no one behind, including vulnerable or marginalized groups; and
- Foster and integrate Indigenous and local knowledge into approaches and efforts to achieve the 2030 Agenda.
An Application Guide is available to assist organizations to complete their submissions. Completed submissions with attachments can be sent through the Grants and Contributions Online Services account, to EDSC.ODD2030-2030SDG.ESDC@servicecanada.ca, or by mail.
- Backgrounder: The Sustainable Development Goals Funding Program (SDG Funding Program)
- Apply for funding under Sustainable Development Goals Funding Program
- Applicant Guide
- Canada takes action on the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development
- Backgrounder: 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Shape the Strategy Online Portal
Return to Calendar