Calling all artists: poets, designers, photographers, digital artists, painters, sculptors, comics, musicians, writers, graphic designers, storytellers, fashion designers, animators, filmmakers, and creative enthusiasts of any and all mediums. Are you an artist with a story to tell? Are you someone with a story interested in art as a medium?
The Inter-Council Network (ICN) is looking for artists and art enthusiasts to participate in the ICN project Art2030. Art2030 is an opportunity for eight (8) artists from various communities across Canada to showcase their art, and how it inspires SDG10: Reduced Inequalities. Artists and their art will be showcased in an e-zine (online zine) launched during the celebrations of International Development Week 2022.
Calling artists who:
- Are interested in sharing an already created or new art piece(s) related to SDG10: Reduced Inequalities,
- Are comfortable sharing how their lived experiences and communities inform their art and their process,
- Would like to highlight how art can engage, inform and inspire to create a world with reduced inequalities.
- Are currently residing in Canada?
All selected artists will be awarded an honorarium of CAD$350 for their contributions.
Project / application process:
- Please submit a sample of your art to us through this form. Artists are invited to create a new art piece(s) once they are selected or submit one(s) they think qualifies.
- Selected artists will be informed by Wednesday, January 12.
The Inter-Council Network (ICN) is a coalition of the eight Provincial and Regional Councils for International Cooperation. These independent member-based Councils are committed to global social justice and social change and represent more than 350 diverse civil society organizations (CSOs) from across Canada. The ICN provides a national forum in which the Councils collaborate for improved effectiveness and identify common priorities for collective action. Rooted in communities across Canada, we are leaders in public engagement at a local and regional level, and are recognized for bringing regional knowledge and priorities to the national level.
Artists will be selected on the basis of quality of art submitted, its connection to SDG10, and alignment to ICN’s mission and mandate.
If you have any questions, contact Art2030 Program Associate Masuma Khan at email@example.com.